Sunday, October 18, 2009

hello, delaney harmon!

5:45 am - i'm practically typing this with one hand, as i keep my phone in the other, anxiously awaiting tim or shannon's phone call...at 12:30 this morning she called to say they were on their way to the hospital because shannon thought (though wasn't positive) that she was in labor. all i know as i write this is that delaney downey harmon is here!

the last time i had such intense butterflies in my stomach was the night before our wedding. if you know me, you know that it is a real stretch for me to stay awake for a movie or television show in it's entirety. well, over the past 6 hours i have watched approximately 8 seasons of the office. that should be a good indicator of the level of excitement i'm experiencing.

in between jim and pam's romantic love story (i'm still on season 4), i found myself having a conversation of sorts with god. events like this always lead me to be reminded and amazed by the fact that he knew, well before anyone even considered our existence, the exact moment that we would enter into the world, the exact number of hairs that would reside on our little misshapen heads, and the journey we would take throughout the rest of our days on earth. we hear it often, but i think the past 6 months have made it a much more real concept, being able to apply it the the little girl that is growing inside of me.

welcome to the world, delaney! you are so loved, and until janie arrives, you are my favorite little girl on the planet!

3:37 pm - yep, favorite little girl indeed. i just got home from the hospital and can assure you that delaney is one of the best looking babies i have ever seen.

"for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. i praise you because i am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, i know that full well. my frame was not hidden from you when i was made in the secret place. when i was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." psalm 139:13-16

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Way to go Shannon and Tim! I am relying on you for photos!

    ReplyDelete