Thursday, October 22, 2009

butternut squash

this week marked the start of the third trimester! i've been getting mixed reviews about whether the next 11 weeks will fly by or be the worst two months of my life (thanks, to those of you who suggest the latter). currently, janie is the size of a butternut squash...about 15 inches long and 2 1/2 pounds. we are so excited to meet her, and the preparations are coming along nicely. i found out last week that the crib and dresser won't be here until late november, which i reacted very irrationally to. in fact, it was so absurd, i'm not even sure i can blame that scene on pregnancy. anyways, i've come to my senses and realized that there is no need for a crib until january and managed to turn my anger about that into excitement about these wall sconces and chandelier that we found on super clearance at lightstyles down near lake ivanhoe.


here are a few of my favorite janie things...

this is one of my favorite little outfits.
lauren found these adorable little shoes on etsy!
clearly, andy's child must own a pair of cowboy (or girl) boots. thanks mom and dad!
our friends monica and brackston bought these awesome headphones so janie can accompany her rock star dad to shows and recording sessions, and have her little ears protected.

as you can see, janie already has what it takes to be a pretty awesome little girl. andy's hoping she takes after me and spends the majority of her first 15 years playing baby dolls, swimming with floaties, and showing little interest in boys. for her sake, i'm hoping that she is way cooler than i was and finds something better to spend her babysitting money on than babies r' us gear for her dolls. no joke, i really did that.

alright, i'm heading to drop my computer off at the apple store to be fixed, so don't be expecting any exciting updates for the next week or so. i'm flying up to boston in the morning for my shower. despite that fact that i will probably be freezing from tomorrow at noon until sunday at 2 since i don't have a single jacket that will button over my belly, i'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. sadly, andy will not be joining me because he is opening for the blues travelers with mike dunn and the kings of new england tomorrow night at house of blues. in closure, this is the wife of a rock star, signing off.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are doing this blog. How else would I find out how you spent your babysitting dollars? For full disclosure I spent mine at Spiral because sadly I couldn't fit into the much more adult 5-7-9. I'm sure you can relate. Have fun in Boston! See you at the beach when everyone is freakin' out about how cold it is, and you're like "puh-lease it was so much colder in Boston" while thinking ('I'm so cultured')

    ReplyDelete