Wednesday, September 30, 2009

welcome fall!

this morning i woke up to a slightly chilly tile bathroom floor , which means fall is here...even if just for a few hours. in anticipation of this "cold front", the girls from my summit connect group came over last night to make apple pies. katie's family recipe proved itself to be one of the best apple pies that i've ever tasted. i'd post the recipe here, however, i'm pretty sure the only thing we actually measured was the flour and i wouldn't dare let someone else's family secret loose. :)

apparently green was the theme of the evening...hello, shannon's belly.

katie brilliantly suggested making mini pies for us to test before digging into the big ones. my belly somehow snuck into this one, and conveniently matched as well as shannon's.


this is my masterpiece...i think it's almost worthy of publication on cake wrecks. thank goodness katie is a professional pie baker (see below photo for proof) and came to the rescue.


worst looking and best tasting apple pie ever.

i still have patty griffin's "making pies" stuck in my head after singing it all night long. i'll leave you with this...after making my first pie from scratch, i learned that a lot more work than you can imagine goes into it, so next time someone gives one to you, be sure to express lots of thanks. happy fall!

3 comments:

  1. I ate pie last night. Katie brought it. It was awesome and so is your blog. Just so you know I am not technically stalking you and Andy...I found it on Joel's page. Now, you will be linked to from mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Did you have ice cream with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn finished off our pie tonight. Looks like I'll have to make more soon... fun times. I'm going to buy "making pies" on I-tunes now. Nice work documenting the adventure.

    ReplyDelete